Chenopodium quinoa seed
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
1/2 cup Dr.G Processed Quinoa (approx.60gm),one and a half cup water,one and a half tsp. E.V. Olive oil,1/4 tsp mustard seeds,1/2 tsp urad dal,1/2 tsp chopped ginger (optional), 1 spring curry leaves,1 green chili slit,1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped mixed vegetable (onion, carrots,cauliflower, cabbage, peas, beans, capsicum), salts as needed.
– Pressure cook soaked Quinoa up to 2 whistles on medium flame.Strain it to discard extra water.Quinoa is completely cooked they look transparent.
– Heat oil in a pan, add ginger paste, chopped veggies and fry for 2 to 3 minutes until they are soft.
– Add boiled quinoa,salt,green coriander and mix well.
– Put off the flame and add lemon juice to flavor.Convert it for 2-3 min.
– Take out in a bowl and garnish with green coriander.
Enjoy protein and fiber rich Quinoa upma with chutney or curd.It is a healthy breakfast/lunch or dinner porridge.
**Boiled Quinoa can be enjoyed as a good replacement over rice.
Approximate Values (per 100g)
Energy 383.85 Kcal
Protein (N*6.25) 14.79 g
Carbohydrate 65.31 g
Fat 7.05 g
Total Fatty Acid
Saturated fatty acids 0.76 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 1.95 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 4.26 g
Trans fatty acids 0
Dietary Fiber 12.01 g
Iron 2.369 mg
Sodium 13.14 mg
Calcium 30.70 mg
Phosphorus 223.07 mg
Vitamin-C 5.48 mg
Thiamine (Vitamin B1) 1.2 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.25 mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) 0.61 mg
Vitamin E 5.27 mg