What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is made up of two words—”arthron” and “itis”. The Greek word arthron means joints and the latin word itis means inflammation. Hence, the word arthritis basically means inflammation of joints. A joint is where two bones join together. The bones of a joint are covered with a spongy material known as cartilage to allow a cushion for the bones to make the joint move without pain. Arthritis makes the area in and around the joint inflamed as the cartilage cushion gets damaged. Resultantly, mobility of the affected person becomes difficult.
There are more than one-hundred types of arthritis, but the most common type is osteoarthritis. The two other common types include rheumatoid arthritis and gouty arthritis.
The Symptoms of Arthritis:
The various kinds of arthritis cause different symptoms and hence varies from person-to-person. However, the most common symptoms of this disease include stiffness, pain, swelling, redness, tenderness, warmth of the joint, etc.
Why you should Take Arthritis Seriously?
The irony is most of the persons diagnosed with this disease do not understand the severity of this disease. They are just under the impression that if they are not able to move their joints properly, so be it. They do not need to be on their toes all the times. But, what they fail to understand is Arthritis triggers a number of risk factors and diseases. Some of these are as follows:
- Infections: The drugs of rheumatoid arthritis, such as methotrexate, adalimumab(Humira), etanercept(Enbrel), suppress the immune system. Resultantly, it increases the risk of infection to a great extent(approximately double).
- Anemia: Arthritis reduces Red Blood Cells that are needed to transport oxygen in the body. It leads to anemia. A person diagnosed with anemia lacks vitality or vigour and develops shortness of breath.
- Lung Problem: In addition to joints, rheumatoid arthritis attack the lungs. If the situation is allowed to aggravate, it can lead to breathing problem and increase the risk of interstitial lung disease.
- Bone Thinning: the person suffering from rheumatoid arthritis are in greater risk of bone thinning and osteoporosis(this increases the risk of bone fracture).
- Heart Disease and Stroke: According to a study conducted recently, people suffering from this disease have greater risk of heart disease in comparison with their peers.
What we can do for you?
Since the aftermath of arthritis is now crystal clear, it is your prerogative to treat the disease in the way you want. You may simply allow the situation to go in the way it is going, or visit doctor from time-to-time, just to delay the inevitable, or decide to take this disease head on. And if you are the one who want to take the bull by the horns, you have come to the right place.
We at Dr. G Wellness empathize with the people diagnosed with this disease and exhaust all our potentials to provide them the dignity of life that they deserve and that too without any Tension of Tomorrows. If you opt for us, you will be able to reverse arthritis through a number of scientific methods, tried, tested and proved.